Attention-grabbing Panasonic Statistics (Stats Up to date for 2023)
This text is an up to date listing of 10 fascinating Panasonic statistics for 2023.
Panasonic is a Japanese multinational company that makes a speciality of client electronics. It has a wide range of product strains starting from TVs and cameras to home equipment and plenty of extra.
Amongst Panasonic’s varied product strains, the corporate has a number of pioneering well-known cameras. These embrace the Lumix GH5, Lumix S1R, Lumix G9, Lumix FZ1000 II, and Lumix ZS100/TZ100.
Uncover additional particulars about Panasonic on this up-to-date assortment of stats.
Prime X Panasonic Statistics (Editor’s Picks)
Prime Panasonic Statistics (Editor’s Selection)
- As of March 2023, the corporate has been working for 105 years
- Panasonic is a bunch of 532 consolidated corporations
- 240,000 is the estimated variety of Panasonic workers in 2022
- As of March 2023, Panasonic’s market cap is $20.49 billion
- In 2022, Panasonic generated complete income of $57 billion
- Panasonic’s complete property are value $62 billion, as of 2022
- Panasonic accounted for less than 4.4% of the digital digicam market in 2021
Normal Panasonic Statistics
We’ve ready an inventory of the final key statistics in regards to the large Japanese company to maintain you up to date on its market state of affairs and historical past.
1. Panasonic Has Been Working for 105 Years
Kōnosuke Matsushita, the founding father of Panasonic, established the corporate in 1918. Panasonic was first a small vendor of duplex lamp sockets.
Over a century of steady operation, the corporate has expanded its product portfolio to incorporate a whole bunch of merchandise.
The turning level for Panasonic got here after World Struggle II. At the moment, the corporate began to supply home equipment, radios, and bicycles for the Japanese market.
The Japanese firm then entered the US market in 1961, introducing its TVs. A yr later, the corporate expanded to Europe by establishing a brand new gross sales workplace in Germany.
All that stated, Panasonic didn’t function underneath its present identify till 2008. The corporate was beforehand known as Matsushita Electrical earlier than altering its identify to Panasonic.
2. Panasonic Is a Group of 532 Consolidated Corporations
Panasonic is a huge mother or father company with 532 corporations globally working underneath its possession.
The Panasonic group contains Panasonic holdings and eight different main corporations. This group of 9 firms manages 523 enterprise entities positioned in Japan and across the globe.
The corporate operates in over 120 nations in Asia, the Americas, Europe, Africa, and the Center East.
3. Panasonic Is One of many Corporations With the Most US. Patents Granted
As of 2021, the Japanese firm has 1,067 patents assigned to it within the US. This locations it among the many most patent-granted corporations in the USA.
Panasonic’s patents cowl totally different industries and sectors. These embrace knowledge distribution, show manufacturing, and safety programs, to call a couple of.
4. 240,000 Is the Estimated Variety of Panasonic Workers in 2022
Panasonic has an enormous variety of workers which is estimated to be 240,000.
The variety of workers decreased by round 3,500 in 2022 in comparison with 2021, which was 243,540.
Panasonic workers are distributed among the many totally different firm divisions as follows:
- Company division: 2,303 workers
- Trade section: 40,903 workers
- Automotive division: 29,419 workers
- Way of life merchandise: 96,083 workers
- Vitality section: 16,987 workers
- Different segments: 54,503 workers
Panasonic Monetary Statistics
Right here’s an summary of Panasonic’s present monetary state of affairs to develop a greater understanding of the corporate’s financial efficiency:
5. As of March 2023, Panasonic’s Market Cap Is $20.49 Billion
With a market cap of $20.49 billion, Panasonic secured 825th place among the many world’s most beneficial corporations by market cap.
This represents a 5.76% improve in worth in comparison with the $19.38 billion market cap in 2022.
6. In 2022, Panasonic Generated a Whole Income of $57 Billion
Panasonic generated $57 billion (7.3 trillion Japanese yen) in income for 2022. This exhibits a lower of roughly $6 billion from the earlier yr.
In 2021, the corporate’s income accounted for $63 billion. The decline in income in 2022 is attributed to the rise in Japan’s consumption tax throughout that yr.
The partial return of Coronavirus pandemic procedures additionally impacted the corporate’s operations and income.
7. Panasonic’s Whole Belongings Are Price $62 Billion, as of 2022
Panasonic’s complete property worth was $62 billion in 2022. The Japanese company skilled a $2 billion lower in complete property in a single yr.
The corporate’s complete property have been $64 billion in 2021. As well as, Panasonic’s complete property worth has been fluctuating since 2010.
8. The Firm Spent $3.25 Billion on Its R&D in 2022
Panasonic holds an astounding variety of patents. As such, it’s unsurprising that the corporate spent over $3 billion on its R&D processes in a single yr.
Nonetheless, Panasonic has barely decreased its R&D spending over latest years. For instance, the corporate spent $3.8 billion in 2021. This was 18% greater than its spending in 2022.
Panasonic’s Digicam Division Statistics
Panasonic continues to be a small participant within the digicam market in comparison with the giants. Nonetheless, the corporate has terrific potential which may see it acquire vital market share sooner or later.
Listed below are two statistics that show the corporate’s present state of affairs within the imaging market:
9. Panasonic Accounted For Solely 4.4% Of the Digital Digicam Market in 2021
Panasonic has launched many premium cameras just like the DC-S1H. Nonetheless, its market share continues to be far behind large digicam producers like Canon and Nikon.
The corporate occupies solely 4.4% of the worldwide digicam market share.
In accordance with 2021 statistics, Canon was the digicam market chief, with 47.9% of the market share. Sony, Nikon, and FUJIFILM adopted in second, third, and fourth place respectively.
Furthermore, Panasonic has a share of 5.5% within the international mirrorless digicam market.
10. Panasonic Invented Sport-Altering Applied sciences for the Digicam Market
Panasonic has launched a number of breakthrough applied sciences to the digicam market by means of its pioneering cameras. Listed below are some examples:
- The Panasonic GH4 was the primary ever mirrorless digicam to report in 4K/30p.
- The Panasonic DMC-FZ1000 was the primary digicam to mix bridge super-zoom and the flexibility to report in 4K.
- The Panasonic DC-S1H was the primary mirrorless digicam with a full body to be Netflix-approved.
- https://holdings.panasonic/international/company/about/historical past/chronicle/1918.html