8 Fascinating Leica Statistics (Truth Checked for 2023)
This text is an up to date checklist of 8 fascinating Leica statistics for 2023.
Leica is a worldwide producer of premium cameras, optics, and lenses. Over time, it has perfected the union of German craftsmanship and technological innovation in all of its merchandise.
Amongst Leica’s most notable product traces are the traditional Leica M sequence movie cameras, the extra trendy, full-frame mirrorless Leica SL2, the L-mount Leica CL, the 28mm Leica Q2, and the Leica D-Lux 7.
Discover out extra in our up-to-date roundup of Leica stats.
Prime 8 Leica Statistics (Editor’s Picks)
Prime Leica Statistics (Editor’s Alternative)
- Ernst Leitz based Leica in 1969, making 2023 the corporate’s 154th yr within the business.
- Leica Digicam AG’s possession is split amongst two entities: 55% owned by ACM Projektentwicklung GmbH and 45% owned by The Blackstone Group.
- Leica reached its peak income of $432.4 million.
- With 31.8%, the Leica SL2-S is probably the most reviewed product amongst all Leica traces.
- The highest 5 most reviewed Leica cameras, from highest to lowest, are Leica SL2-S, Leica Q2, Leica M1, Leica Q (Typ 116), and Leica SL (Typ 601).
- Uncommon Leica digicam prototype, Leica 0-Sequence no. 105, smashed auctions and set a world file by promoting for round $15.5 million.
- By the tip of the 2021 to 2022 monetary yr, Leica had skilled a formidable 16% gross sales improve.
Basic Leica Statistics
Beneath is a compilation of normal Leica statistics from its origin story to its present possession. Consider it as a approach that can assist you get to know this German digicam firm higher.
You’ll additionally get a glimpse of why these cameras and lenses are celebrated by customers all around the world.
1. Leica Digicam AG has been round for 154 years
Ernst Leitz began Leica in 1869. The corporate was first known as Leitz till it was later modified to Leica in 1986.
The brand new title is derived from the primary letters of Ernst Leitz’s final title and the primary two letters of the phrase digicam. In the course of the later years of the twentieth century, the model was extensively identified and related to cameras for avenue images.
By means of Leica’s a long time of expertise, they’ve turn into a model identified for premium cameras that vary from elegant designs to the extra modern.
2. Leica consists of 4 totally different firms
The Leica model is shared by 4 firms: Leica Digicam or Leica Digicam AG, Leica Microsystems, Leica Biosystems, and Leica Geosystems.
Whereas every firm dabbles in a discipline of its personal, they nonetheless give attention to optics and lenses. For instance, Leica Microsystems focus totally on offering revolutionary microscopy by a wide range of cameras and lenses.
3. The present possession of the corporate is cut up into two
Possession of the corporate is primarily cut up between two events: The Blackstone Group or Blackstone BX.N and ACM Projektentwicklung GmbH. ACM has a better share of shares at 55%, whereas the remaining belongs to the previous.
Nonetheless, there are talks that Blackstone Group will doubtlessly open its 45% stake to consumers.
Leica Digicam Statistics
Now, let’s check out the statistics surrounding Leica’s digicam traces. Over time, the corporate has launched an in depth catalog, from fashionable and traditional cameras to the extra modern, trendy ones.
4. The Leica I used to be among the many first nonetheless images cameras to take 35mm film movies
This firm wasn’t precisely the primary to launch a 35mm digicam. Nonetheless, when the Leica I got here out in 1925, it revolutionized how these nonetheless images cameras had been getting used.
The corporate additionally launched the viability of making 35mm film movies with some of these cameras.
5. The Leica 0-Sequence no. 105 offered for round $15.5 million in an public sale
Leica 0-Sequence no. 105 was among the many first fashions of Ernst Leitz’s prototype 0 sequence. It was offered on the Fortieth Leitz Photographica Public sale for about $15.5 million, making it probably the most costly cameras on the earth.
Different cameras from this prototype sequence, such because the 1923 Leica 0-series no. 122 has additionally been given comparable titles due to its premium worth level.
6. The Leica SL2-S is probably the most reviewed product amongst all Leica traces, with 31.8%
Leica SL2-S, a 24-megapixel photograph and video digicam, was launched again in November 2019. It’s managed to stay probably the most reviewed cameras of the model. It’s obtained probably the most optimistic opinions, information protection, and product database pages in comparison with different merchandise.
It’s shortly adopted by the Leica Q2. This is among the firm’s extra trendy cameras with a 47.3-megapixel full-frame sensor.
Leica Monetary Statistics
Beneath is an summary of the monetary statistics of Leica. This gives you an thought of how the corporate is doing financially.
7. Leica noticed gross sales will increase regardless of the COVID-19 pandemic
Most companies discovered it extraordinarily difficult to undergo the pandemic unscathed. Nonetheless, Leica discovered itself in monetary place throughout this time because it noticed a big improve in gross sales.
In keeping with their web site, the corporate skilled a 16% improve. That is attributed extremely to their exploration of e-commerce and the enlargement of retail networks globally.
Moreover, Leica has established virtually 100 retail shops all around the world. Moreover, shopper demand remains to be rising. That is confirmed by the passion they obtained when the partnership with the tech model Xiaomi was introduced.
8. Leica is anticipated to extend digicam costs in 2023
Leica cameras have been seeing a rise in costs over the previous months, and it appears as if this trajectory will proceed in 2023.
There are talks that many of the firm’s product traces will obtain a $300 to $400 improve from their present market costs.
4. https://www.shutterbug.com/content material/leica-i-camera-change-photography