10 Fascinating Fujifilm Statistics (Reality Checked for 2023)
This text is an up to date checklist of attention-grabbing Fujifilm statistics and information for 2023.
Fujifilm is a Japanese multinational company that makes a speciality of optical movies, pictures gear, medical imaging tools, and numerous different merchandise.
Amongst Fujifilm’s most notable product strains are digital cameras, particularly, the Fuji X-series mirrorless cameras.
The high-speed Fujifilm X-H2S and the retro Fujifilm X-Pro3 are really distinctive cameras.
As for the full-frame line, the 102MP GFX 100S tops the checklist, and the choice of Fujinon lenses is immensely common amongst lovers.
Discover out extra in our up-to-date roundup of Fujifilm stats.
High X Fujifilm Statistics (Editor’s Picks)
- The historical past of Fujifilm begins in 1919 with Daicel
- The Fuji model identify modified with shade pictures adjustments within the Fifties
- The brand new model identify “Fujifilm” appeared a lot later in 1988
- In 2022, Fujifilm generated revenues exceeding $22 B
- Fujifilm has 75,470 staff
- Fujifilm has greater than 280 consolidated subsidiaries
- Fujifilm launched Digital Radiography to the Healthcare Business
- In 1984 Fuji bought movie in 60% of all pictures gear retailers within the USA
- Fujifilm launched “INSTAX mini 12” in March 2023
- Fujifilm will get 22% of the Digital Cameras market share in Japan
Common Fujifilm Statistics
FUJIFILM Holdings, Inc. has been available in the market for nearly 90 years. Its headquarters is in japan, however it has main operations in USA, Europe, and Asia.
The corporate focuses on three essential strains of enterprise, that are; Imaging Options, Doc Options, and Data Options. Every one has an enormous quantity of divisions working throughout the globe.
1. The Historical past of Fujifilm Begins in 1919 With Daicel
(Fujifilm Holdings Company)
The Dainippon Celluloid Firm Restricted, or Daicel, was the guardian firm that sprouted Fujifilm in 1934.
Daicel began its enterprise in 1919, and it specialised in celluloid applied sciences, polymers, natural chemical substances, and pyrotechnic units. When their photographic movie operations turned too giant, they opted for making a separate firm.
In 1934, Daicel launched Fuji Photograph Movie Firm Restricted, with the only function of creating photographic movies.
2. The Fuji Model Identify Modifications With Coloration Images Modifications within the Fifties
Black & white pictures dominated the business until the Fifties. Coloration pictures had already been invented within the 1800s, however the price of producing coloured photos was fairly prohibitive.
Within the Forties Agfa and Kodak labored on making reasonably priced shade pictures gear, and Fujifilm quickly caught on.
To mirror the newly carried out expertise, the corporate modified its identify to Fuji Coloration Photograph after which Fujicolor Service.
3. The New Model Identify “Fujifilm” Appeared A lot Later in 1988
As Fuji expanded its enterprise across the globe, the model took on numerous different names. A few of them had been associated to different acquisitions, like Fuji Xerox, whereas others marked mega manufacturing crops, like Fujifilm USA.
4. In 2022, Fujifilm Generated Revenues Exceeding $22 B
World markets had been struggling in 2022 because of the lockdowns, pandemic restrictions, and worldwide provide chain points.
Nonetheless, Fujifilm nonetheless managed to come back out with admirable revenues, and a web revenue of round $1.9 B, along with property amounting to $32.4 B.
5. Fujifilm Has 75,470 Workers
Fujifilm runs an enormous measurement of operations across the globe, and it has nearly 300 subsidiaries, so it’s not stunning in any respect that the corporate employs 75, 470 staff.
It’s value noting that this quantity exceeds most of its friends, in addition to equally sized firms within the tech and finance fields.
6. Fujifilm Has Extra Than 280 Consolidated Subsidiaries
Fujifilm is a pioneer in making optical movies and microelectronic units. Excelling in these extremely technical fields enabled the corporate to diversify its operations over a number of strains of enterprise.
The next are a few of Fujifilm’s subsidiaries.
- Fujifilm Imaging Techniques
- Fujifilm Medical
- Fujifilm Toyama Chemical
- Fujifilm Pharma
- Fujifilm Photograph Manufacturing
- Fujifilm Optics
- Fujifilm Laptop Techniques
- Fujifilm Enterprise Provide
- Fujifilm Engineering
- Fuji Xerox Data Techniques
- FUJIFILM Mental Property Analysis Co., Ltd
7. Fujifilm Launched Digital Radiography to the Healthcare Business
Fujifilm has a protracted historical past of creating radiology movies alongside pictures movies, thus, the corporate wasn’t a stranger to the medical area.
In 1983, Fujifilm launched the primary Computed Radiography machine. The brand new expertise produced higher photos with much less publicity. The added security and accuracy contributed to the CR machines’ large success.
8. In 1984 Fuji Offered Movie in 60% of All Images Gear Shops within the USA
Advertising does wonders for a superb product, and Fujifilm understood that so effectively. Within the 1984 Olympics of Los Angeles, Kodak was anticipated to sponsor the occasion, however they let the chance slide.
Alternatively, Fujifilm knew that it was a once-in-a-lifetime stroke of luck, and so they went all in. The corporate spent greater than $7 million to advertise its model, and it paid off massive time.
In 1978, their movies made up 30% of all gross sales, then the determine doubled in 1984, proper after their profitable advertising and marketing marketing campaign within the Olympic Video games.
9. Fujifilm Launched “INSTAX mini 12” in March 2023
Fujifilm Instax cameras are all about enjoyable and experimentation, and Fujifilm understands that so effectively. They targeted on making a cheerful look for these cameras, and them accessible even to the youngest customers.
The primary Instax got here out in 1999. The Instax 100 confronted tough competitors from Polaroid’s i-Zone, and there was additionally a pending patent difficulty between the 2 manufacturers.
Ultimately, they each got here to a mutually useful settlement that allowed Fujifilm to proceed producing on the spot picture cameras, so long as Polaroid will get notified about their newest tech.
Quick ahead to our present instances, it’s clear that the Fujifilm Instax mini 12 is making a buzz amongst customers. The principle options of this new mannequin are an computerized publicity setting, and a close-up mode, which is nice for selfies.
10. Fujifilm Will get 22% of the Digital Cameras Market Share in Japan
Sony, Canon, and Nikon usually take over the market of digital cameras, leaving lower than 10% for Fujifilm. This modified in 2022, significantly in Japan.
Fujifilm Surpassed Sony and Nikon with its large gross sales of the Instax cameras. Apparently, smartphones affected the common cameras in ways in which didn’t contact the Instax cameras.
This is without doubt one of the essential explanation why Fujifilm is investing closely within the Instax cameras, in addition to the software program and cellular apps that go along with them.
1. https://holdings.fujifilm.com/en/about/historical past
8. https://www.macroaxis.com/make investments/ratio/FUJIY/Quantity-of-Workers